Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Nevada Recreational Marijuana Sales To Begin July 1
Thanks to the hard work of Tick Segerblom and the state's medical marijuana dispensaries, Nevada won't have to wait until 2018 to kick off their recreational pot blitz. Recreational cannabis sales will commence July 1, 2017 at select dispensaries throughout the state.
The industry is projected to raise $70 million in tax revenue for the state budget in its first 2 years. Pot shops will need both a state and local license to operate, and they can begin applying on July 1st. Henderson is the exception, having placed a 6-month moratorium on marijuana sales back in February that will expire in August.
For all you curious tourists out there, here's a friendly reminder of the actual law so you don't end up in a Las Vegas jail:
- Consuming marijuana is still illegal in public venues, including hotels, casinos & bars.
- Driving under the influence is (and should be) illegal.
- Residents may not grow marijuana within 25 miles of a dispensary, which essentially means that only rural Nevadans will be allowed to grow their own cannabis.
- Nevada business owners can still choose to drug test employees on the job despite the new law.
- The limit is one ounce per person per day, and you have to pay in cash. Also, have your ID ready.
Happy toking, Nevada!
at May 10, 2017
I know "greatest" is subjective & a lot of y'all will disagree, that's fine. But follow me here. I have REASONS. Th...
With the 2018 documentary Love, Gilda by Lisa D'Apolito out on various channels, there's been a resurgence in interest in the ...
If you don't know what Benzedrex is, you're not alone. This innocuous-looking inhaler sits among the cold medicines and nasal...
Zadaka! Zadaka is a new CBD/hemp oil company based on the West Coast. They were kind enough to send me a sample of their 1000mg Full-...