As promised, here's Part 2 of my 2-Part THCa flower review.
This one's from Elevated Hemp Co. and it's a tad higher-shelf than the other, at least technically. I ordered it on a Friday and received it the following Monday. The strain is Pineapple Express and I got 3.5 grams of it for $39.98 with shipping included. I thought I HAD tried this strain but turns out that was Golden Goat. Or Cookie Wreck, which shares the Trainwreck lineage with PE. I don't remember; I've smoked since then. Here's the photo shown on the website:

Pineapple Express from Elevated Hemp Co.
Packaging was stealthy enough--no smell from the outside. But that all changed when I tore into it. Holy pineapple! 🍍 It came in a tightly (and I do mean tightly) sealed plastic jar with a Boveda pack, some Elevated Hemp Co. merch and a pack of free natural leaf rolling papers... nice touch!!
The smell was definitely on brand--pure pineapple with a hint of spice. Buds are tightly packed, well-groomed & covered in trichomes. I do think they could've skipped the Boveda pack though, as the weed clearly was still damp & in need of a cure. Into the cure jar it goes.

As broken up as I could get it w/out a grinder...
At the time of this writing, this strain had only 2 reviews but they were both 5 of 5 stars. I'm about to see for myself if it lives up to the Pineapple Express hype. The rolling papers are made out of chamomile and smell like a blunt wrap, but they're nicotine-free. Very nice. And glad they included them because the bong my mother got me is missing the bowl. Bummer.
I roll the poorly dried material into a natural leaf paper and seal it to the best of my ability. I decide to light up during my bath, which has become my favorite way to smoke this summer. So relaxing. Despite the dampness of the buds, it hits super smooth in these tasty wraps and tastes soft & slightly floral. The effects are definitely in the expected range, producing an uplifting cerebral high after only a few puffs. The initial high mellows out into a happy, chill effect after about 20 minutes, leaving me with an overall positive mood... much better than when I woke up. Music sounds great and I'm still getting shit done in terms of chores--thus, no heavy stone or sedation. Excellent daytime/morning strain. Despite the questionable dry/cure, it burns just fine when rolled up.
My biggest concern with THCa weed was that it would be too dry and dusty, but this was just the opposite. It's clear Elevated Hemp Co. takes their business very seriously, as evidenced by the extra freebies, fast shipping and careful packaging. The only drawback of this order was the lack of proper dry/cure, though that's a fixable problem. The quality is top-tier and I'd definitely order this strain again. For that reason, my final review score will be as follows:
Price: 4.7 of 5 stars
Packaging/Stealth: 4.8 of 5 stars
Shipping Time: 4.9 of 5 stars
Effects: 4.9 of 5 stars
Aroma: 4.9 of 5 stars
Overall: 4.8 of 5 stars
Packaging/Stealth: 4.8 of 5 stars
Shipping Time: 4.9 of 5 stars
Effects: 4.9 of 5 stars
Aroma: 4.9 of 5 stars
Overall: 4.8 of 5 stars


.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment