Thanks to the impending ban on "intoxicating hemp" products by Donald Gay Trump, I'm reviewing another THCa hemp strain for you lovely folks after just stocking up on 2 strains from 2 other vendors last month. I swear I don't indulge this often IRL but I'm making up for lost time, as I didn't know THCa weed was a thing until it was nearly too late. So here we are. Also, be sure to check out my 1st kratom review in ages right here.
I ordered 7g of Lucky Elk's White Runtz Everyday Smalls (Indoor) on September 5th (a Saturday) and received the order Monday, Sept 14th. My total was $44 + $6 shipping until I logged in, which gave me a 20% discount for Labor Day! Sweet. So it ended up being $41 including USPS Ground Advantage shipping. (There was a brief payment issue for which I was asked to send payment again--I checked my bank account and it had indeed been refunded so no issue there. Gladly resent it but it did add some time onto the handling).
White Runtz
The White Runtz (top shelf buds) were sold out, as were all of the other bargain options of this strain, so it appears pretty popular. There are 235 reviews of it on the site, of which the star breakdown looks like this:
White Runtz (31.74% THCa) is a cross between Gelato and Zkittlez, the latter being one of my all-time favorite strains. It's a balanced 50/50 hybrid with a tropical aroma and an uplifting but mellow high. Right up my alley. I've been searching for that original giddy, non-sedating Zkittlez high ever since that 14g bag from the dispo ran out a couple of years back, but I've yet to find anything that comes close, whether sourced from professionals or homegrown. Medical dispensaries in my area are known to mislabel shit as rare & exotic strains to increase sales, so who even knows if it was really Zkittlez or something else entirely. Meh.
Lucky Elk's Everyday Smalls are indoor grown with organic ingredients and no pesticides, which is cool if true. They also have "Premium Indoor Smalls" which cost $5-$10 more. The site says these are machine trimmed with some hand trimming for precision, plus a water removal process that leaves behind only the good stuff. I'm not familiar enough with all that to comment, as I've only trimmed by hand and don't use fancy drying gadgets. Is it some kind of oven or drying rack that dehydrates the buds to dry/cure faster than hanging and jarring would? Likely, as it seems like they've been a tad hurried through that last step. (Not unusual for this industry in my limited experience).
This strain also won a "Leafly Award," but I can't seem to track down what that means in this context. Which award, what year and for what specifically? (Another question I have is whether "regular" strains and THCa strains are listed separately on sites like Leafly, since everyone claims it's "all weed" and the only difference is delta-9 content. Do THCa strains come exclusively from cannabis stock (I.e. "Alaskan Thunderfuck x Chocolate Thai"), cannabis crossed with CBD/hemp plants (Alaskan Thunderfuck x Suver Haze) or something else entirely? Is this just pot that's harvested super early to keep delta-9 levels down?
Not a question for Lucky Elk but something that's been on my mind lately. 🤔
The Actual Damned Review
Anyhow, the White Elk packaging was stealthy & WELL covered in the legal sense. Don't wanna give away too much about the packaging, but it was very professional & helps explain the higher cost of their top-shelf buds. My 7g of "smalls" smelled before I even ripped open the inner package--loud, pungent, skunky and just bold af overall! I have a hard time detecting vanilla, cream or soft sweetness, but I suppose once you get past the knock-out weed smell, you can kinda catch a whiff of it in the background. The buds themselves are small--among the smallest I've seen. They almost resemble dog food kibbles when dumped out on a plate or bowl. 🐕🦺 Pretty blend of colors though, with a mix of lime green, sunset pink and pastel purple.
While the bag came with a moisture pack, the buds are still pretty dry and turn to dust when ground. None of that affects their quality or flavor though--the high is magnificent and much less tweaky than the Pineapple Express in my current rotation. It's similar to the Bolo Runtz but also different... and slightly more "up" in the mood department. While I haven't tried Gelato, I've sampled one of its parents (Sunset Sherbert) and found it to be one of the best pain relieving strains around... incredibly "melty" and relaxing in the muscle department.
In short (yeah, right) I think I like the Lucky Elk strain best of the 3 I ordered this time around in the effects department, which is to me the only real metric that counts with weed. Give your fugly, your unmanicured, your strange-smelling masses yearning to be smoked. As long as they get my mind right and aren't full of toxic added crap, you won't hear any grumbling from me! Let the "connoisseurs" have the dessert weed that tastes like a 7-layer parfait with chocolate sprinkles. If it packs no psychoactive punch, what good is it? It'd be like choosing Grape flavored Children's Dimetapp over a high dose of Dilaudid or OxyContin because it tastes better. True, this strain is named after candy, but the creator clearly didn't overlook anything in the effects department so my review is as follows:
Price: 4.8 of 5 stars
Packaging/Stealth: 5 of 5 stars
Shipping Time: 4.6 of 5 stars
Effects: 4.9 of 5 stars
Aroma: 4.8 of 5 stars
Overall: 4.9 of 5 stars
Coming soon: Lucky Elk 🔵 B l u e N e r d z 🔵 review!
⋆⭒˚.⋆~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*⋆⭒˚.⋆
Packaging/Stealth: 5 of 5 stars
Shipping Time: 4.6 of 5 stars
Effects: 4.9 of 5 stars
Aroma: 4.8 of 5 stars
Overall: 4.9 of 5 stars
Coming soon: Lucky Elk 🔵 B l u e N e r d z 🔵 review!
⋆⭒˚.⋆~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*⋆⭒˚.⋆
Got a favorite online THCa vendor you want to plug? Now's your chance before the ban! Drop their name/website in the comments below, and be as specific as possible about why they're your fave (prices, variety/selection, etc). But please don't spam your own site/affiliate link or post more than once. Phishing attempts & other bad faith comments will be removed and the offending users blocked. 👊🏼 Thanks!
⋆⭒˚.⋆~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*⋆⭒˚.⋆
⋆⭒˚.⋆~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*⋆⭒˚.⋆
.jpeg)




No comments:
Post a Comment